Chicago Genetic Consultants, LLC would like to work with you and your patients to ensure that your patients are screened to see if they are appropriate candidates for genetic testing and that if any genetic testing is performed, it has clinical utility for managing your patients. We will work with patients to obtain insurance coverage for testing. A consultation letter will be sent back to you for your records and all patients are referred back to you for management. We can assist with referrals to other providers if requested.
We cover multiple areas of adult onset genetics including:
- Cancer Genetics (BRCA1/2, Lynch syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis)
- Neurogenetics (CMT, Parkinson’s, ALS)
- Cardiogenetics (long QT, Brugada, dilated or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ARVD)
- Pharmacogenomics (for warfarin/clopidogrel, SSRIs, tricyclics)
- Ocular Genetics (retinitis pigmentosa, Stargardt’s, Usher syndrome)
- Whole genome/exome sequencing
- Carrier Screening
- Interpretation of genetic test results from direct-to-consumer genetic testing
Chicago Genetic Consultants, LLC works with cancer centers with or in the process of obtaining Commission on Cancer and/or National Accreditation Program of Breast Centers accreditations to meet Standard 2.3 and 2.16, respectively. Please call for more information (888) 725-GENE (4363).
Why Choose Us?
- We’re a private practice built on quality genetic counseling and testing, not volume.
- Each patient gets personalized attention via a dedicated genetic counselor from start to finish, not whoever is on shift.
- We offer night and weekend appointments, not just working hours.
- We meet with patients via phone or video.
How to Refer a Patient
Please fax a referral to (888) 725-GENE (4363). We are also happy to speak about cases prior to referral or curbside consultations with patients in the office; please call (888) 725-GENE (4363). Patients can be seen in-person or virtually through a home or office computer.